Thursday, May 15, 2008

Funny things

Today P and I were making cookies and I was telling him to turn on the bosch mixer. On it the speeds are M that is just a quick buzz and then 1, 2, 3. Being a boy he said as he pointed to M "is that 4 four wheel drive?" We have birds that are nesting in the tulips in my front door decoration. I was saying that I didn't know what kind they were so we needed to ask dad. He said "Dad is smart, he is so smart. He is older than you and smarter. I'll bet he could count to 40 almost." I just laughed and said " I bet he could." He is quite a character. Our kids go to the back fence and talk to the neighbor kids that are about the same ages. The 5 or 6, depending on the time of day, will talk for an hour or more. It is fun to watch them. They will walk down a ways, and then go to the corner and then sit down and then walk back to where they were. It is fun to watch them. I would like to be a fly on the fence. J accepted the R High school job. He is so excited. He will be teaching with a great guy and doing something that he loves to do, teaching rowdy high school kids to weld, grow stuff, build things, appreciate nature, and be better people. I'm so glad he loves it and is excited for a change of even busier pace.

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

Oh the things kids say. I loved it! A smile for today.