Monday, October 20, 2008

J's neat experience

Well our baby is due on Apr. 4. It seems forever away but I know it will be here sooner than I am ready. We are secretly hopeing for a boy so that P can have a brother even if they are 6 years apart. I wanted to share the experience that J had on trek. Yes I was pregant on the trek just didn't know it. The Stake YW president was talking to all the boys as the Stake Pres 1st couselor was talking to all the girls just before the womens pull up the huge hill. She was talking about hardships and challenges and Jon was thinking about the last trek and how I was pregnant on the last trek. (I have committed to not being preggo on the next trek if only to myself) He said that he the spirit said "A is pregnant this time too." So he was excited but did't say anything to me for about 3 or 4 days. Then he said "When you find out your pregnant, I have something to tell you." I told him I wasn't going to take the test for a few weeks just to make sure because I have such a weird body. Well I couldn't wait that long so I took the test a few days later and then he told me his story. Anyway it was pretty neat I thought. This is not written very well so I don't know that you can get the full jist but if not call me. Anyway we are excited. We should find out in two weeks but we don't know how much we will believe it because of past experience. I will for sure followup.

7 comments:

Janetlee said...

Very cool story. I love it when those things happen to me. It just is very rare.

The Hammers said...

I love that the spirit can whisper those tender little mercies to us. That's neat. And yah, I wouldn't be buying too much pink or blue yet!

Sam said...

Wow, thank you for sharing that with us. The spirit is an amazing force. Especially when it lets you know what is up...especially pregnancies. He must have our numbers on speed dial, because he is the first to inform me when I was pregnant. Let us know what the ultrasound says. I can't wait.

mom said...

Wow! It is amazing what we can learn when we listen to the spirit.

MJ said...

That is so neat! I love those moments! Thanks for sharing that with us. I can't wait for you to find out!

Christina said...

That is so neat, Ashlee! You guys are such good people and so close to the spirit that you get to have those special experiences that many of us miss. We're so excited for your new addition- I don't blame you for not trusting the docs after last time:) hehe

Dustin and Taralee said...

Congratulations! I hadn't heard. I hate to admit it but sometimes when it is slow at work I "blog hop" and I came across your blog, it was fun to see. We will visit you soon I hope!