Saturday, November 29, 2008

Families are Forever

 
 
 
 
My grandpa passed away on Monday so all of my siblings and spouses were here and all grandkids but 4. It was too long of a drive from CA to bring them for a quick trip. He was 85 and had alzheimers and was ready to home as he said. The funeral was Sat. It was good. He was such a jolly man always tickling, laughing, teasing. He will be missed. He was a veteran of WW2 and so they did the military service at the graveside. It was neat. He lived a good life raised 8 great kids and had a huge posterity, 46 grandkids and 89 great grandkids. All of the cousins were there but 4 and two of them are on missions. Pretty awesome, I would say. So while we were together we took some family pictures. We didn't include the grandkids because we were missing some. So we took individual families, siblings and spouses, boys, and girls. It was so fun to be together even for the few minutes that we were. I have such an awesome family and thank my Heavenly Father everyday for them. Thanks for making the effort to do pictures and to be together. Families really are forever.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. My Uncle Tim mentioned how grateful he was that families are forever also and that he had gone on to his "eternal reward". I love that perspective on death. Wow! What a posterity! That's amazing. The family pictures are super cute. It's fun seeing your family.

MJ said...

What a great family! I sooo don't recognize your brothers now who I went to school with!:) I am sorry for your families loss--but wow-look what kind of a family your grandpa had! That is awesome!

Jenna said...

That is an amazling thing when a huge posterity is gathered together like that. What a neat thing for him to look down on. I'm sorry for your loss. What a blessing the gospel is in times like these. I'm not sure how people deal with death with out the comfort that knowledge brings.

Dustin and Taralee said...

Your "adult" pictures turned out quite nice. I'm glad that they are appropriate for your blog. Still no baby and I'm getting very impatient.

Kylene said...

Your family is beautiful. I too, am sorry for you loss. His posterity is amazing. What a great man.

ps. thanks for the treats you sent back in my tupperware!